mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi Ive bought an audi TT quattro roadster (2000) knowing that

Customer Question

Hi I've bought an audi TT quattro roadster (2000) knowing that the four wheel drive doesn't work (rear wheels) - do you think it would cost a lot to get it fixed and does it matter if I leave it as two wheel drive?? Thanks, Lucy
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Lucy,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Normally what causes this issue in these vehicles is the transfer case fails which causes the vehicle to be a two wheel drive. The transfer case is a expensive repair for the parts and labor, it will not hurt the vehicle to drive in two wheel drive.