Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2001 a6 allroad . i used the key fob to lock the doors

Customer Question

My 2001 a6 allroad .
i used the key fob to lock the doors .I then came back to the vehicle but the key fob would not work,I tried putting the key in the drivers door lock but the key will not go in the lock.It looks as though the mechanism is jammed or seized.I called the AA,They replaced the battery in the key fob,Still does not work.Went to a locksmith who tested the fob and told me there is a signal on all functions.The keys have not been changed.Phoned main audi agent all they could say was to bring it on a transporter to them.What can you suggest.I have things like house keys wallet and all my tools that i need urgently in the vehicle.If i break the windscreen to get into the vehicle to get to my belongings will i b able to release the locks from the inside or be able to maybe reset the key fob?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise ..

Im sorry to see you have had a wait-

Do you have any fault codes at all?

Please tell me where you are up to at the moment - then I can advise from here -

Rgds, MIKE......................................