Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have an Audi A3 2.0 TDI S Line 2007, I find it very difficult

Customer Question

I have an Audi A3 2.0 TDI S Line 2007, I find it very difficult to drive the car in 1st gear as I struggle to find the biting point, and I think the clutch pedal is too high, Is there anyway it can be altered to suit?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..I see your question is still ive..just wondered if you still required help..?

If so..what sort of mileage does the car have on it?

Where roughly at which point "pedal" does the clutch seem to bite?

Any other issues with gearchanging or clutch issues?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The car has done 63,000, I had the timing belt & water pump replaced about a month ago, I struggle to drive the car in 1st gear for some reason & when the car is sitting idle (out of gear) it shudders a little when you touch the accelerator for a short time!

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there sorry for the delay.

Ok..as per the clutch pedal adjustment..then no..being a hydraulic clutch release system means the pedal height alters to clutch wear..although as these go they can have quite a high biting on them long clutch throw.so they can be pretty high as per bite point..if there is signs of slippage or difficulty in getting it into gear as such in 1st then you may have release problem which would need to be inspected..ie;- both slave/master cylinders on it or a complete re-bleed of the system..as per the shuddering at idle.and the fact you have difficulty in 1st taking off as such i asume would tie in a with possible engine missfire maybe possible injector..maybe try an diesel injector cleaner addidtive in the tank..I do hope this helps.if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then jsut continue before you rate