Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My new Audi s3 has tarnished chrome boot rings and strip above

My new Audi s3 has tarnished chrome boot rings and strip above exhaust
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

You dont give much info... please tell me how I can be of help ---

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tarnishing on the chrome trim above exhaust pipes is in 2 places. It is black. Is it worth replacing and can they just remove it without taking the whole bumper off. What causes this. It appeared when the car was just a week old!

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply --

Evidently this is a manufacturing fault - the car is new - a 14 reg car... you are best advised to go back to the supplying dealer and complain about this.... they need to know -be made aware of this issue-- they will report back to Audi Hq... but for you - you will get the replacement done for free....

Too - its unlikely, but should you have the same issue again or with other chromed parts - they will you having reported it, deal with the issue FOC for you...

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert