mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Im looking to swap a 1998 Audi A4 2.8 quattro with code AHA

I'm looking to swap a 1998 Audi A4 2.8 quattro with code AHA with a 2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro with engine code AMX. Now the challenges I have highlighted so far:
My transmission is Auto - New Engine had a manual transmission
My Throttle was Drive by Cable - New Engine is Drive by wire
My question is will my automatic transmission fit the new engine without any issues? Are these engines universal or made specifically for particular transmissions?
Am I able to simply plug my old throttle on the new engine or will I need new pedals to work with the new throttle.
The seller is providing engine with ECU and wiring. What else will I need to make this swap successful.
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The transmission does not matter as far as the engine goes, the engines are universal to either transmissions.
The pedals will need to be switched out because one is cable and one is wire.
You will not need to swap anything else since the ecu and wiring are being supplied.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response, will it also be possible to fit my old throttle and wiring instead of using New Ecu and wiring loom from the new engine? I'm simply trying to avoid the New pedals idea if possible

No the new ECU and wiring loom will be a must or the vehicle will not communicate with the engine, so there will likely be no way around the pedals.