Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an Audi A5 Sportback 3.0Tdi Quattro. At a recent service

Customer Question

I have an Audi A5 Sportback 3.0Tdi Quattro. At a recent service my front tyres were down to 3mm and my rear ones were down to 5mm. I have replaced my front tyres, but now am questioning whether I should have changed all 4 even though there was plenty of tread left on the rear two. All 4 tyres now fitted are from the same manufacturer, but there is a slight difference in tread pattern.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

providing that the wear is even across the tyre then there's no issue with doing what you have done

tyre makes and models do tend to change tread patterns over the life of that tyres production and the changes are usually small tweaks to assist with noise and pulling it out of the mould

the differences in grip between the 2 tread patterns will be very small indeed

as long as they tyre specification is the same ( diameter, width, treadwear and grip rating) then you'll be fine