Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

headlight range control light is on

headlight range control light is on
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

Just to explain - all duplicate questions are closed - this is to protect you from being charged twice for what would be the same answer / information.

Re the issue / question- This can be for one of several reasons - from a bad connection on the circuit to a sensor fault to a broken / corroded level control arm to a fault with the control module for the system...

Really, you should start by having a plug in scan for fault codes in the system - this will tell you where the fault is... Or, you can try checking a couple of things - starting with checking the actual wiring connectors to the pins on the leveling motors at the back of the lights - difficult to get at... The other thing you can do is check those levelling rods - if you look under the front end wheel arches you will see one on each side - a long black plastic "rod" - these should be connected on both ends but ball joints... check both sides, sometimes one physical breaks / snaps...

If its not either as above - then you are best to have the plug in check done as mentioned above... because then it will be an electronic fault which you cannot find without.
Too - to have the system re set after the repair - for the light to go out, this needs the plug in equipment.

So working as above will see this cured one way or the other for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert