mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My A4 heater flap keeps banging when the car is started the

My A4 heater flap keeps banging when the car is started the sound appears to be coming from the dashboard and sometmes wont stop
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The noise that you are hearing is the blend door actuator, this is a small electrical motor that opens and closes the flap. The blend door motor is starting to stick and this causes the noise. The dash assembly has to be removed to replace this part.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply we removed the glove box assembly and saw the heater assembly can the job be done from here or does the upper part of the dash need to come out if so could you say an approximate time this would take to remove/replace?

thanks

Kevin

Yes the upper part has to come out and this takes about 3 hours of labor to do this. Thank you.