Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My daughter's 2013 A4 clutch pedal bites way off the floor.

My daughter's 2013 A4 clutch pedal bites way off the floor. Is it possible to drop the bite point please?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

These aren't unknown for having quite a high bite point as per clutch - alot of Audi's do tend to have quite high bite points.experianced it myself on many occassion,doesnt mean the clutch is worn which alot of people think unless the bite point is way off the floor and clutch slips or creates difficulty getting into gear..as far as adjusting..then in theory no since the system is hydraulic "bit like your brakes" the pedal will adjust according to the clutch plate wear..even adjusting the master cylinder push rod at pedal wouldnt do much either..it really is a case im afraid of adjusting to the car - get as much practice using the clutch/throttle together..as long as the clutch isnt slipping/burning then sounds pretty normal to me as per you description..I do hope this helps