Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an intermittent problem with my 2009 A4 controller.

Customer Question

I have an intermittent problem with my 2009 A4 cabriolet. Sometimes the hood opens slightly and no further. Similarly, the rear compartment cover will only raise slightly when trying to close. In both cases the " top in operation" icon remains lit. Occasionally, it will operate after driving a short distance. Any ideas, please?

My local mechanic has run a diagnostic test which has identified a fault code no. 01997 - something to do with an intermittent open circuit in the "top locking motor". Enquiries have been made with Audi who have proved to be unhelpful.

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Assistance still required please

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still awaiting. Can you help me or not? If not, please say so and refund me!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you help me or not? If not please reverse the charge!

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please return my payment. Thank you.