Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2005 S4 4.2 v8 Tiptronic - 89k mileage (a lovely

Customer Question

I have a 2005 S4 4.2 v8 Tiptronic - 89k mileage (a lovely clean car). I had it remapped to improve performance and fuel consumption (which has not improved). I also had the oil & filter changed in the Tip -Tronic gearbox, at great expense. It was found to have under 3 litres of very dirty oil in it. Subsequently when it is put into drive or reverse there is a low level clunk and when it changes from 1st to 2nd there is a pronounced jerk in the change. All the other changes are smooth and the performance is normal. Something has changed either by virtue of the remap or the filling up of the gearbox, have you any suggestion, i.e. Does the gear box need remapping?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would have thought for such a straight forward question there would have been an answer by now, so do not continue and please ensure my money is refunded to my credit card or not taken. I will go to an Audi dealer where the diagnosis will be free.