Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I've put my car into a garage to have 3 injectors replaced

I've put my car into a garage to have 3 injectors replaced on my engine , I asked the mechanic that I would like to see the old ones which get taken out and I would like to keep them but he told me there wld be a surge charge of £60 for each one if I took them ! Is this fair ? As they do belong to me in the first place !
Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Depending where they have purchased these injectors from they maybe supplied as service exchange units the original replacement units will need to be returned to where every they sourced them from..obviously if the garage have nothing to return then they loose out hence the surcharge on your bill..however if the original injectors are faulty then there basically useless to anyone or the car in general anyway unless repaired at cost to yourself somewhere else..but as it stands the garage is correct on this one im afraid if you require them back yourself..but as long as they do show the old ones and point out the new ones installed then its should be straight forward fix..I do hope this helps