Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My audi a4 fog and number plate lights don't work and boot

Customer Question

My audi a4 fog and number plate lights don't work and boot only opens using the key
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** *****

Your symptoms would suggest a break / damage to the wiring that goes to the actual boot lid - so you need to check that -

Trace the wiring where it comes from the car (body as it were ) to the boot - strip back the insulation and you should find a broken wire - meaning its lost its circuit for the lamps and cdl system ( locking )... then it can be repaired as found.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.