Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Heya, just got an audi a3 2008. The controls on the steering

Customer Question

Heya, just got an audi a3 2008. The controls on the steering wheel and the horn aren't working. I had a look at the fuses and they look fine. From looking online it sounds like it might be the slip ring. Just wanted a bit more advice?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

I'd agree that a faulty slip ring is very likely in this situation, also check the wiring connectors to the column where they enter the main cabin loom under the steering column

disconnect them and spary both halves with contact cleaner and check the wiring for any signs of chafing / dmaage where it runs over the column
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hi do you still need help with this?