Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My tt 3.2 has a bad misfire and low compression on cylinders

My tt 3.2 has a bad misfire and low compression on cylinders 3 and 6 any ideas please
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

This could be a slip in cam timing but this would usually be accompanied by a check engine light and fault code pointing to cam position sensor

however I'd suggest doing the old trick of doing the measurement 1st 'dry' and then repeat the compression measurement having squirted some engine oil into the bore

if the compression figure rises a lot then the fault is with the bore or worn piston rings

if the figure stays the same then its a valve sealing issue and could be cam timing