mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Driving back from France the Orange management system light

Customer Question

Driving back from France the Orange management system light started to flash, the power of the engine declined so could only just go up hills. We turned off the engine and after 10 minutes started up, after 30 sec of normal driving again the Orange light came on and power declined. after driving slowly and carefully for one hour (it was late Saturday afternoon in the middle of France) the Orange engine light came on. We limped back home in England. we are now waiting for a slot at a garage for the car to be seen. what might the problem be? It is a three year old, 60,000 A3 diesel automatic. NB cruise control would not work, fuel use was normal, oil temperTure was normal, no excess oil was used. thank you for your help. Zena Chaddock
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is likely a failing mass air flow sensor, the mass air flow sensor measures the fuel/air mixture and when failing results in this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We took the car to the garage, we had the exhaust gas re circulation component changed. The car is now fine, thank you for your help
No problem thank you, ***** ***** glad you got the issue fixed.