Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hello there I've had a problem with my A3 2.0 TDI for some

Customer Question

Hello there
I've had a problem with my A3 2.0 TDI for some time which mechanics have failed to diagnose. When the car reaches 70/80mph it goes into limp mode. Pull over, restart the engine and its fine again. It was suggested to me that there could be a turbo issue but we've had none of the smoke etc that you associate with that.
My wife was driving the car last night, around 30/40mph, when she heard a 'pouf!' noise and the car broke down. It drives, but slowly and very juddery. The AA man wired it up and came up with a P2102/P2100 reading, which I gather is to do with the throttle valve control motor or throttle actuator control. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and what it might take to fix it?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this sounds like the throttle valve is sticking and possibly faulty

waht I'd suggest is that the intake is removed and the throttle cleaned out with a lint free rag and some brake cleaner

also check the state of fuse 8 (behind the relay 458 in the picture) and fuse 24 as these are the power to the throttle motor and if its faulty then these will have blown

if cleaning it and the fuses are intact then you'll need a new valve
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help with this?