Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi I got the tyre changed on my audi q7 now I have the adaptive

Customer Question

Hi I got the tyre changed on my audi q7 now I have the adaptive air suspention warning light displayed on the dash
Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Sounds like they didnt select whats termed as "jack mode" - when ever these cars with that type of air suspension is lifted you have to select or activate Jack Mode. Most if not all garages should know this..and there maybe details of which in your owners guide - This actually locks the suspension & ride height control is deactivated where a Yellow warning lamp with come on the dash then the vehicle can be lifted by a jack or on a lift without the suspension attempt to level itself while being lifted - if Jack mode isnt selected you could run the risk of damaging the system hence maybe why the warnings come on now after the change..its possible damage may occur with the compressor, bags and sensors/level senders - the next step unfortunatly is the diagnostic route to see whats part of the system has become faulty if faulty..normally that require Audi - but im sure any independant Audi/Vag specialist might be able to check that for you..I do hope this helps