mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my 2008 a3 TDI is having trouble starting at times

my 2008 a3 TDI is having trouble starting at times.  The engine will turn over but not fire up.  This is an intermittent problem.  Most days, it starts with no issue.

Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
This is a common issue on these vehicles and the problem is the crankshaft position sensor is starting to electrically fail. The issue will get worse with time and eventually not start at all, to correct this issue the sensor will need to be replaced.