mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Audi tt stuck in 5 gear can not driven mark 1 2002Gear

Audi tt stuck in 5th gear can not drive mark 1 2002
Gear stick still moves when car turned off
All wheels locked
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
From what you are describing the synchronizer keeper has broken inside of the gearbox and has the synchronizer jammed which causes this issue. The keeper was likely getting weak before now you just had no way of knowing. The gearbox will have to come out and be opened up to solve this problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If this is the case could gear box be ruined
Or is it an easy fi x if gear box is taken out and opened
The gearbox would not be ruined and this can be repaired once the gearbox is removed and opened up.