Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

my audi allroad 2.7 diesel manual makes a feint clunking noise also

Customer Question

my audi allroad 2.7 diesel manual makes a feint clunking noise
also felt through the seat when moving off in 1st and also in second
also slightly more pronounced on a slight uphill incline.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I have yet to receive an answer to my question.

I will continue to wait.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

I'd 1st check for worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

if this is Ok then check for a worn drive shaft joint - typically these won't produce any vibration unless badly damaged but they can be noisy or 'clonk' for a long time beforehand, turn the steering to full lock and look at the drive-shaft rubber boot there should be no rips or tears in it and the suspension should be clean and dry of any grease. If you reverse at a reasonable speed with the steering on full lock a worn joint will 'click'.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi
do you still need help with this?