Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

I have a 1998 A8. The front RHS turn unit has been

Customer Question

I have a 1998 A8.
The front RHS turn flasher unit has been smashed (stone). How can get a replacement unit but how do i remove the broken unit. Grateful fo any help you can give. Mike
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..
Please let me know where you are up to - then we can progress.
Kind Rgds, MIKE..................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike. I need to get the old flasher unit out. (The glass has shattered). I have taken the cover off the adjacent headlight asssemby to improve access. Access is still very restricted. I have used mirrors to see if I can locate any clips or screws which would enable me to remove the flasher unit. My car is *****Audi A8.Regards Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Thank you for your reply.This being the year it is, your indicator lamp unit should be held in place with like a pull /spring need to feel down beside the back of the lamp unit where you can there unclip it..once un clipped, the whole unit slides out forwards..and is replaced in reverse order.With it being on the side if is though, you may well find you have to remove the components just inside behind the headlamp there to increase access ability is tight..but that's how it's done.Let me know how you get on or if you need anything else on this.Meantime, please don't forget to click on the Excellent ratings for me, that us very much appreciated -thank you.Best rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Mike..

Im just checking to see how you got on with my advice / help above... If you need anything else do let me know .. or if all is well, please do clcik on the Good / Exc ratings for me at this point... thank you very much.

Best Rgds. MIKE.