Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

what happens when my service due light comes onand i go over

Customer Question

what happens when my service due light comes onand i go over thee allowed 1000 mileage bye 1000
Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

The service due is just a count down to the next oil,filter change primarily unless its due the major service that may include such items as timing belts depending on the engine you have of course - but the service due warning doesnt effect how the car runs generally day to day - it may if the cars still under manfacturer warranty cause issue there...I certainly recommend having the service carried out but of course it will mean having to reset that service indicator once that service has been carried out,..i do hope this helps..if you require to ask anything further then just continue before you rate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so it doesnt matter how many miles it goes over the 1000 its booked in in 2 weeks time

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

It shouldnt really to be honest as it can happen quite alot with all cars/owners - seen it myself alot - but its best practice to book it in as soon as or prior to reminder come up this in turn ensures the services whether major/intermediate are done on time..I do hope this helps further