mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have an A5 cabriolet recently and all the time now, the drivers

I have an A5 cabriolet recently and all the time now, the drivers seat once tilted forward to let someone get into the rear won't fold back. Only after a lot of pulling and banging will the seat fold back to its seating position ( swearing seems to help) any ideas before I book it in.
Bob
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the teeth on the gear that folds the seat forward and backward is sticking, basically the way to solve this issue is the gear will need to be lubed so that it will operate as designed, the seat will need to come apart to do this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike, thanks for this, sounds like it's a garage job, and not cheap, covered by warranty I should think?
Yes this would be covered under the warranty and at no cost to you. Thank you.