Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

There , I'v a4 avant 1.9 tdi 1999 . Fuel is not coming from

Hi there , I'v a4 avant 1.9 tdi 1999 . Fuel is not coming from fuel line into injection pump ,
is there is any fuel pump - low pressure one - before that.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

there's a tank pump that isn't actually a lift pump as it forces fuel from one side to the other of the tank , if this is faulty then you'll have triuble picking up all the fuel and the car may struggle to start on hills

So thats one aspect but also replace the fuel filter before doing anything else as these only need to clog up a little to stall the pump
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Matt , thanks for your response . As l'm a petrol head and like DIYS

so happens and this time , l would like to share my experience . Some models Audi have not primary fuel pump - like my one - it's all in one in

injection pump , trouble was - as ECU had faulty what l saw when

glow plugs light start flashing 20 sec. after turning ignition on . All needed is discharge the faulty , then plug light stop flashing and that's

all , it's not clear how the ECU fault came but it was false .

Regards Ants

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ants

thanks for letting me know
hopefully its now all resolved

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.