David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

If I changed the diesel injector pump on my 2004 audi a6

Customer Question

Hi if I changed the diesel injector pump on my 2004 audi a6 2.5 bdg engine would it need re coding at audi or local garage?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  David-VAG replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer
The new pump would need to be coded to your car. As of 2002 they made changes to the pumps making them part of the immobiliser system.
I'm not aware of any easy way to bypass these to get the engine started.
I hope this helps and if I can help you further please feel free to ask.
Dave