Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2001 (B6) Audi A4 Avant-Connecting Canbus Steering Controls

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2001 (B6) Audi A4 2.0 Avant with an aftermarket stereo fitted. The car has steering wheel controls fitted and a rear amp, but they were not connected. Prior to aftermarket stereo, it was a non-Bose system (rear speakers amp'd by Harman amp in boot). So, I've sourced the appropriate Connects2 wiring harness and have plugged it in, restoring the rear amp to operation - success. But the Connects2 steering wheel controls Canbus adapter is proving more trouble. There are the power lines (permanent, switched and ground) which the Connects2 harness connects to relevant leads available behind the stereo, but the two brown wires into the Connects2 Canbus adapter to supply the steering controls data feed do not correspond to any of the wires available behind the stereo. The supplied Connects2 harness non-ISO audi specific connector presents the two brown wires from the C2 Canbus adapter at PIN 11 (Remote) on the non-ISO Audi connector that is on the car side (e.g. for pre-out rear speaker feeds and amplifier switch aswell). The Audi side 20 pin non-ISO adapter does not have any corresponding wires that connect to PIN 11.  But does have two wires connect to PIN 7 "CAN-H" and PIN 12 "CAN-L".

So - PIN 7 and PIN 12 seem to be the wires that present canbus connectivity to the head unit.  But how does this correspond to the Connects2 box side - where two brown wires are joined together and then connected to PIN11.

Have I got the wrong Connects2 box - It's CTSAD001.2 - states it's for steering controls for 93-06 Audi?  Or am I missing something else?

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shantal,

I've now found an answer elsewhere. Could you close the question and refund the £13 please?

Mark