Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My '01 225 tt is stuck in 4wd. It drags front wheels and clunks a bit in reverse

Customer Question

Hi, my '01 225 tt is stuck in 4wd. It drags front wheels and clunks a bit in reverse turns. Shows no codes. Diff? Controller? Pre -charge? Wheel speed or other sensor? Runs in 2wd with Haldex fuse out but handles rubbish! Just had to replace two front tyres after 8,000 miles, along with front arb drop links and bushes.-Consequences of permanent 4wd? If so, what other consequences if any of perm 4wd? as i get the feeling this could be expensive.

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I haven't found an answer yet but someone did suggest it may be the ground strap from the rear diff back to the body although mine doesn't appear to have one fitted. I still need assistance and will wait for an answer - but not for ages!

Thanks,

Dean.