Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

There I have Audi 4.2 tdi 2005 model I notice near side

Customer Question

Hi there I have Audi 4.2 tdi 2005 model I notice near side front suspension is low when you drive you feel left side bonnet is down please help what it could be and also on dashboard yellow warning light coming which for suspension when I start my journey it's ok but middle of journey light is on please help thanks rajeev
Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

What model of AUDI do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

audi a8 4.2 tdi quattro 2005 model

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

Ok..these cars have fitted whats termed as Pneumatic Strut Suspension /this can all be controllled through the MMI,centre control panel which in turn the whole system is controlled by the adaptive air suspension control unit - there is ride height senders/arms that attached to the lower control arms..have they checked those to ensure the one on that side isnt broken.there should 4 at each side.sometimes these can get broken or damaged if jack mode hasnt been selected through the control panel/mmi when the vehicle is being jacked up off the ground..we see this fairly often due to nature of the suspension system...because the suspension warning light is on that needs to be interogated by a diagnostic scanner that capable of retriving faults from that system on the car..so VAGCOM diagnostics is the way to go on that to see whats at fault..it could well be the ride hight sender or worse the Pneumatic,air strut itself at fault....i do hope this helps