Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My A6 Avant quattro 3.0 has an intermittent fault my dealer

Customer Question

My A6 Avant quattro 3.0 has an intermittent fault my dealer cannot diagnose. If the car is in a position it may overheat, eg on a slow moving motorway roadworks etc, in a queue to get on a ferry after a long drive, and I switch off the engine to avoid overheating or the stop/start cuts the engine, it will not start again until the engine cools down, 10-15 minutes later. The engine turns over, but will not start.It once cut out at 70 mph without warning on a busy M6 after clearing slow moving roadworks. My dealer could only find a drop in fuel pressure from an unknown cause. It is more likely to happen when the outside ambient temperature is high, e.g. hot Summer day. My confidence in the car is low now. Any ideas?The temp gauge does not usually register a rise in engine temp and stays at midlevel on the gauge at 90degrees.

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are timed out on my question and as you are unable to provide an answer, I would like you to refund the £15 to my MasterCard please, the one I used to pay for your services.
Yours Sincerely,
Gerard Corbett