Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

1996 A4 Avant Where is the headlight warning buzzer situated

Customer Question

1996 A4 Avant Where is the headlight warning buzzer situated - the one that goes off when you remove the key with the lights left on
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will continue to wait

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Shantal - I will continue to wait for a little longer

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help ---sorry to see you have had a wait.
The warning buzzer is a part of a larger module which is soldered to the rear of the instrument cluster... its a non replaceable part generally ...usually meaning the whole cluster has to be replaced to cure any issues such as you have there..
There are some companies that repair these cluster units for various faults - I can give you details if you wish of one such.. or you could just replace the cluster with a second hand one.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your information. You are the only one to find it for me -including Haynes manual.Obviously Not worth doing!

Excellent advice

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks Mike.A prompt and well explained answer.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again John..Thank you for your reply - and kind comments ... truly appreciated....Just one thing John, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you now to click on the "OK / Exc ratings" for me at this point please as thats how Im credited for helping you... Thank you in anticipation of that John.Too - you are welcome back anytime in the future - call me up anytime.Kind Rgds, MIKE.