Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have an Audi TT reg 2012, there seems to be an issue

Hi, i have an Audi TT reg 2012, there seems to be an issue with the electrics i turned it on this morning and the engine starts but the dashboard is not lighting up, RAC have been out to see it and advised that the computer is saying the voltage is too high although he checked the voltage and its fine, what can i do? Thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise.
In this instance, the advise has to be to take the car into the local Audi dealer.. this is because the car is still under warranty...or if not.. its not long out and as such, so long as no one else ( RAC can be forgiven)...looks at it / does anything to it, they will repair it for under warranty if in warranty - and if not, as it can't be far out, they will very likely do it anyway...again - so long as another garage has not worked on it.
So to save you money - that is the best next step for you...
As to exactly whats wrong - it can be a fault in the module giving a faulty reading as the RAC had...or, and is common, can be a faulty dash cluster unit..
Neither repair is cheap - in fact, its expensive - so again, my advice as above has to be the best way forward on this one for you-
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.