Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My wife was driving an Audi A6 1.9 diesal 2004 and the car

Customer Question

My wife was driving an Audi A6 1.9 diesal 2004 and the car just stopped and wouldnt start again not even turn the engine just light s on in dash but dying out as normal
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still haven't received an answer to the question and my card has been debited twice judging by the emails I have received can you enlighten me
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes its a bank holiday over here so I am still waiting on the answer
Pat
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Pat and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Im reaslly sorry to see you have had a wait on your question..
Please tell me where you are up to exactly with the car.. then I will get back to you and we can progress from there --
Also - please tell me the mileage on the car-
Best Rgds, MIKE.........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
150000 miles
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -
Thank you for your reply.
I was hoping you would tell me in answer to my query where you are up to with it.. what you have checked etc so far..
Assuming then that you haven't made any progress or checked it out.. for the car / engine to stop as you describe - and then , not even turn over to start... this sounds like either it seriously overheated and seized the engine..or, you have experienced a breakage mechanically - either internal ..big end / con rod failure..or, timing belt failure / breakage -which would lock the engine up also.
I suspect the latter to be honest - so to start at least you need to remove the timing belt drive cover to inspect the belt area... and then go from there.
If any of the above has happened from what you say - if its locked up..its pretty terminal for the engine Im afraid and usually replacement is the only logical answer... but you need to start by checking it as above..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike ,
Thanks for your reply the engine did indeed pack up and at the moment am looking for one there was 150000 on my old one which I only had a few week what sort of mileage should be looking for on the next one do you think .And would there have been some sort of fault she says no warning lights came on in the dash or are there any on this car . I check the oil and it was just touching the bottom of the hatched area which according to the book is ok area. .5 of litre brought it above the half way mark on the hatched .Havent used this service before so will hit the EXC star after this if thats ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure if you got my last reply