Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My rear parking sensors are barely audible despite the volume

My rear parking sensors are barely audible despite the volume setting being on the maximum of 9. Same for the audible beep when reverse gear is engaged. Any idea what's happened ??
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shantal,

No, I have not been able to solve the problem so I will wait for an answer to my question.

Thanks,

Adrian

Hello Adrian,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is***** have been asked to help you .
Can you first please give me the FULL details of the car you have..
Rgds, MIKE...................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mike,

It's an Audi A6 automatic 2006 with rear parking sensors only.

Best regards

Adrian

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.Thank you for your reply.The usual fault is with the buzzer unit / beeper itself- but it can be the adjuster switch also - The best thing to do is locate the buzzer - remove it and test it -- If it then beeps as it should on test - battery powered, you know its the adjuster switch.. if not, you know to replace the buzzer.You should find the buzzer on the the drivers side, under the belt holder area - (behind the C-pillar ) The buzzer simply unclips - I will attach a pic for you to help below - Tip is to listen for the buzzer to get its general area first - Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert