Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

MY Audi TTcoupe year 2002 bonet has stuck down and the

Customer Question

HI. MY Audi TTcoupe year 2002 bonet has stuck down and the lever will not release it is there a way to overcome this .pleas. Roy.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hello 1st thing to try is have your assistant push down with slight pressure on the leading edge of the bonnet while you pull on the lever by taking some pressure off the catch this often allows the cable to do it jobif you then get it open then apply some grease to the lock and mechanism
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI. cancel my request the answer you gave me did not work and I do not wish to part with money for nothing Roy J.P.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello Roy you get more than 1 answer, the process is meant to be a back & forth to fix the problem the next thing try is to use some pliers to grip the bonnet cable as it exits the back of the lever in the cabin, 1st apply pressure with the lever then pull the cable with pliers as welland if that doesn't work then it starts to get a bit more serious I'm afraidas the undertray has to come off to try and access the catch from under neath
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI MY BANK AS TOLD ME YOU HAVE TAKEN £30 OUT OF MYACCOUNT FOR ONE PROBLEM NOT HAPPY. Roy. J.P..
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello ROy you raised a 2nd question? so you pay per original question I've spotted this and requested a refund for you on that 2nd quesiton now do you want proceed with me or shall I opt out and get someone else or shall I request a refund for this 1question too?