Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My audi a4 1.8t 2001 model is dumping fuel straight out of

Customer Question

my audi a4 1.8t 2001 model is dumping fuel straight out of the bottom of the breather pipe on the charcoal filter situated in the drivers side inner wing why
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car starts and then cuts out whilst dumping the fuel
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hellothe charcoal filter is there to capture fumes from the fuel tank and then release tehm back into the engine if its venting neat fuel then I'd say the filter cannister isn't being vented so check that the purge valve solenoid is functioning, this will be located on the engine and connected to the charcoal cannister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
canged purge valve solinoid still has sams symptons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changed purge valve solinoid still same symptons where does the purge valve solinoid get its feed from should their be a live at the plug when ignition is turned on cheers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changed solinoid still same symptons
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the solenoid should not be live with the ignition, its only switched at certain times by the ECU with a running engineso that's worth checkingthough it sounds like its not being switched at all, and then overcoming the pressure relief valveso check the wiring loom for any signs of damage
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.