Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Ive got an electrical mechanical power steering fault on my

Customer Question

ive got an electrical mechanical power steering fault on my audi a3 the steering wheel light is coming on its yellow not red
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is MIKE..
With this issue, you have to have a plug in fault code test done... there is no other way to find the cause of the fault - bar finding anything such as damaged wiring / connections in the circuit.. that should always be checked first.
But if nothing is found, you have to have a fault code test done - that then will tell you just where the fault is on the system so it can be fixed.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE