Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Audi convertible b4 - 2.6. abs warning light is on but car

Customer Question

audi convertible b4 - 2.6. abs warning light is on but car brakes are good when driving. diagnostic plugs are black & white in fuse box - have got a adaptor lead to 16 pin. garage has tried diagnostic check all works but no access/response/connection with abs.do you know what this could be or what is the best way of checking faults on the abs without using diagnostics?
regards
jim
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
Without using diagnstics you are down to having to check things manually - You may find the fault this way.
Check as follows:
The air gap between the end of the sensors and the trigger wheels on each wheel... remove any particles - dirt etc as found.
Check each of the reluctor rings ( trigger wheels) for any cracked or fractured teeth - or on the ring itself.
Check the wiring to each sensor - and carefully open and check the connectors to the sensors / circuit.
Check the wiring and connections to the main ecu / pump for the system.
Most probelms are found to be one or the other as above.
If nothing is found, check the wheel bearings for play - excess play can cause the ABS light to come on too.
If nothing is found, you will really need then to find someone local to you that can test the system electronically.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE