Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have to have the gearbox doughnut bush replaced on my audi

I have to have the gearbox doughnut bush replaced on my audi a3 .now the garage say there is another one that needs replacing and they have to drop the subframe to do it and its going to cost double the original estimate.is this correct and would they not have known this at the beggining
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
Sorry to hear of your issues there -
Indeed yes , its a fair task to do this job - it is right if it does need doing.
If the garage has done the job though for you and misdiagnosed a repair - I would suggest to talk with the service manager and suggest a compromise / good will payment / reduction on the next bill - given they thought doing the other would have cured the fault....
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert