Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Audi Coupe 2.0 ABK engine - where is the Crank Sensor loca

Customer Question

Audi Coupe 2.0 ABK engine - where is the Crank Sensor located?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is MIKE..
Can you give me the cars FULL reg number -
Rgds, MIKE...............
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

N853 DRJ

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again - thank you for that .The ABK engine is one of the worst for locating / changing the crank sensor.It is located right down the side of the engine block near the gearbox housing - on the oil filter side of the engine... I will attach a pic for you to help..It is best accessed from underneath - though some go at it removing the coolant bottle - exhaust manifold shields etc - its your choice on that one ..Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Will let you know how it goes.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.Your'e very welcome... Per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to click on the "Ok/ Exc ratings" for me at this point - and I thank you for that.Again, you can get back to me anytime if needed.Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi cannot find the part anywhere in the region of the photo - the picture doesn't look like the engine bay either - it is a 1996 ABK. the part I am trying to fit is the Engine speed sensor or Crank sensor all of the parts in the area are of a different shape to the part I bought from Euro Car Parts. I have replaced Relay 30 and the distributor, coil is tested and OK but no spark at all, engine turns over well - it's very baffling!

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..You may have read or heard that the ABK engine - people do have troubles locating the Crank sensor ( speed sensor)The pic I have given you is def a 96 ABK engine... I will however look again for you - are you sure you are looking on the right side - the side of the oil filter as in the pic.. what exactly are you seeing in that area? Can you send me a pic?Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will get one across to you shortly, the mechanic I am using has closed up shop for today so no access. Will also send picture of the part I intend fitting.