Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Can u help just had my 2010 Audi A5 week and nitice

Customer Question

Hi can u help just had my 2010 Audi A5 for a week and nitice a strange vibrating noise had it in to the Vauxhall garage where I purchased the car today they are telling me it's either steering pump or steering rack my car is a 2 L quarto how do I tell the difference
Please help
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello 1st thing to check is the level of the power steering fluid and its colour if its black then it needs replacing as new fluid often fixes things like this if this is OK, then try and see if the vibration is worse in 1 direction than the other if it is worse then replace the rack, if its the same then replace the pump
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.