Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Audi a2 03 plate engine management light flahed then stayed

Customer Question

Audi a2 03 plate engine management light flahed then stayed on spluttering and sounds like it's going to cut out when on tick over.i have had new coils out in and changed fuel filters.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi.would you please cancel and arrase all my details. Thank you

Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.
Hi . Do you still need assistance with this issue . Greg
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes I do thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.
Okay first sorry this is taking so long just recovering from a bad flu.
When the check engine flashes this is a signal of a misfiring engine
and also means you need to get to your local shop or dealer as a misfiring engine is not good for the catalytic converter..
When the check engine light comes on solid its safe to drive until you have time to get to the repair shop to have this checked .
What the repair shop will do first of all before taking anything apart
or replacing any parts is to hook up a diagnostic scan tool to your car and check for malfunction codes ..
They most likely find misfire codes and any other codes that maybe is causing you this issue ..
If you only have misfire codes then your problem maybe just that your car needs a good engine tune up ,maybe just bad spark plugs .
Not sure if you have already done this "checked for codes" but the above is what has to be done to start the diagnostics of this problem .
If you did check for codes then please post me the codes sp i can further assist you .
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.