Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Active Bonnet was triggered this evening on my A3 when I

Customer Question

My Active Bonnet was triggered this evening on my A3 when I hit a piece of rubber from a burst tyre on the motorway. Can I drive the car like this?
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to drive home with the active bonnet triggered (c.6 miles) and ideally I would like to drive to work tomorrow (20 miles) and have it reset in a garage local to work. But obviously I don't want to drive the car if safety or function are compromised by the bonnet being in this position.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello if the active bonnet has fired so the rear of the bonnet is lifted up then it cannot lift any higher, so yes you can carry on driving the car be prepared for extra wind noise and water ingress under the bonnet though
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.