Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

When under hard acceleration my 2009 Audi TT 2.0 FSI will bounce

When under hard acceleration my 2009 Audi TT 2.0 FSI will bounce the front end across the road several inches. Any ideas why
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd 1st check for worn suspension joints by jacking the car up so the wheel is off the ground and shake the tyre from top to bottom and from side to side (with someone holding the steering wheel). There should be no play in either direction.Any play in 1 direction will usually require a suspension joint to be replaced, if there’s play in both directions then the wheel bearing may be at fault.If theres play only up and down its the strut top mount - to find this one you have to shake the suspension strut it self up and down with the wheel off the ground - so you may need to remove the wheel to check this one. also check the tyre pressures are up to the maximim on all 4 corners Its also worth checking that all the main suspension pivot points have been tightened with the car on its wheels not in the air as this can add a lot of friction to the suspension and lastly check that the brakes aren't binding at all as this too can make the ride very jerky and bouncy