Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have an Audi A6 3 litre (2011) the car was left unlocked

Customer Question

I have an Audi A6 3 litre (2011) the car was left unlocked and the diesel fill cap illegally opened and fuel syphoned out. Have tried to fill tank with fuel but car will not accept
fuel from garage pump. The dashboard indicator registers empty though I managed to get three litres into the tank. What is the likely damage done and is it repairable
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi apologies for the delay! My name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Your vehicle is fitted with an anti siphon valve fitted to the fuel filler neck, this is designed to prevent easy access to the tank, unfortunately these can be broken to get into the tank. It sounds like they have forced this which has caused it to break which is very common when the valve has been forced, this will prevent the fuel filler nozzle from being inserted into the tank.Fortunately, it is relatively straight forwards to fix, a new filler neck/anti siphon valve will be required which is a main dealer only part but is usually available over night if it is not in stock however any good garage will be able to carry out the repair. If the fuel level is too low to get to a garage, and the valve is not allowing enough fuel into the tank recovery to the garage may be a safer option. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a positive rating, thanks, Ross.