Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2013 Audit TT Roadster S line 1.8 TFSI auto and

Hi I have a 2013 Audit TT Roadster S line 1.8 TFSI auto and the emission control warning light came on. Now the car refuses to change gear above 2nd, either automatically or in manual mode, any idea please?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello when you have an check engine / error light on then its very likely to be in a limited performance / limp home mode I'd highly recommend that the next step is to get the car plugged into a diagnostic device this will pull off the fault code and point toward the fault for it to limit performance like this I'd say its likely that a major engine sensor possibly the MAF sensor on the intake has failed but really get the code read off 1st as while it will cost a fee to have this done, it will save cash in the long run
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MattOK, thanks luckily got Audi to come out under warranty although obviously something they were not able to correct so towed it and now in Audi workshop so will have to wait and see.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
understoodBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you