Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Guys I Have a 57 plate Audi A3 140TDi 6 speed DSG.Done

Hi Guys
I Have a 57 plate Audi A3 140TDi 6 speed DSG.Done 136,000 miles. Gearbox oil changed about 18months ago. Not sure the 'Drive mode is operating correctly, seems reluctant to change up from 3rd to 4th at normal rpm although it will change just before red line on tacho. If it does change to 4th ok; which it sometimes does, same changing to 5th. It changes down as well at speeds I would consider too fast. Shunts a bit when stopping to. Works perfectly normal in manual changing modes; i.e. paddle shift and +/- selection. Just a problem with 'D' mode. Would be grateful for your opinion.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello 1st thing to check with your local dealer is if the car has had all the software updates for the DSG box appliedas there are many over the lifetime of this vehicle and each software update improves the gearbox control if its up to date on software then I say this may be an issue with the gear position sensor in the gearbox unfortunately to replace this the gearbox has to be removed and stripped downthis can be diagnosed by plugging the car into the VW scan tool and monitoring the signal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt
Is this equipment specialist VW/Audi. Will my independent local agent who has the normal diagnostic equipment be
able to help do you think
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Its doubtful I'm afraid as in order to apply the updates you need the link to the VW / Audi network