Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My boot lid will not close

Customer Question

my boot lid will not close
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello 1st thing to check is is there anything stuck in the latch?and also to try applying some WD40 or similar lubrication to the locking mechanism check that the release handle is pushed back all the way and if you use a screwdriver to test the lock ( replacing the action of the locking bar on the lid) you should be able to push the lock closed to get it to click and then release it again of course with the regular lever just get back to me on this post with what you find
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you