Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a new audi A3 sportback 2TDI s tronic .Can anything

Customer Question

I have a new audi A3 sportback 2TDI s tronic .Can anything be done to lessen the road noise, it is quite loud.
Regards.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello 1st thing to ask is what tyres are fitted? and are you on the optional run flat tyres? as the main source of road noise is the tyre Run flats are considerably worse are suppressing noise than a regular tyre also some tyre brands are better than others at producing noise Continental are typically the best at producing low road noise while still producing excellent wet weather grip