Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have done a scan on my audi a1 1.6tdi fault code P242b

I have done a scan on my audi a1 1.6tdi fault code P242b exhaust gas temperature sensor range /performance sensor 3 using a i908 multi scanner ,can you tell where this sensor is located on the exhaust system and what is the part no.? Also can you recommend a good mechanic for me I live in South east LondonThanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't an answer; so I will wait on one of the professionals hopefully they can help .Thanks for letting me know.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello the exhaust gas temp sensor has two partsthere's the probe that plugs / screws into the exhaust just after the turbo on the exhaust manifold and this has a wire that runs off to a plastic box , which contains the amplifier and this box is secured to the cam cover if you look at the image there may be 2 temp sensors 1 before the big Nox cat and 1 after now sensor 3 is item 5 in the image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the image link you send to me is not opening
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
HelloOk try again
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
and again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i get open the image but today i notice two fault code p242a00 and 242b00 is this mean is two sensors need to be check
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello according to my information these are both for the same sensor, so I'd check the wiring 1st and if thats OK then replace the sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
glad to helpBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years